Muscat, Oman | Destination of the month
Just an hour’s flight from Dubai, Muscat offers a change of pace – think gorgeous beaches, beautiful architecture and Arabian hospitality. In 2016 the Oman Convention & Exhibition Centre opened, giving Muscat numerous theatres, conference venues and a selection of different hotels. The downtown business district is close to historical landmarks and ancient souks, and home to some grand hotels perfect for hosting meetings, incentives, conferences and events.
With its recently opened Convention Bureau and the new Oman Convention & Exhibition Centre, this Arabian Sultanate is becoming a serious contender as a destination for global meetings and events. Surrounded by hills, the capital Muscat sits on the waterfront, boasting some breath-taking beaches.
Ollie Gill, Business Development Manager for Conference Contacts recently visited Muscat for a Meetings & Incentive Forum. Along with 210 other event specialists, Ollie took part in 41 meetings across three days with various destinations across the world ensuring that we remain up to date with the latest openings and refurbishments.
Our top venue choices in Muscat :
Oman Convention & Exhibition Centre
- Two-tiered auditoriums to seat 3,200 and 450, 5 exhibition halls that feature 22,396 square meters of column-free exhibition space.
- 20 meeting rooms for 20 – 360 delegates
- Grand Ballroom to seat up to 1200 delegates
- Junior Ballroom to seat up to 540 delegates
Crowne Plaza Muscat OCEC
- Closest hotel to OCEC.
- 7 meeting rooms and 200 bedrooms.
- Great for smaller meetings, with largest room capacity up to 600 delegates.
Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa
- 640 bedrooms across the resort.
- Meeting capacity up to 850 delegates.
- Stunning location with 600-metre private beach.
- Meeting space up to 700 delegates.
- 11 Function Rooms and 310 bedrooms.
- Beach resort with stunning views of the Gulf of Oman.
Ritz Carlton Al Bustan Palace
- Set within a former palace, the only remaining in Oman.
- More than 44,000 square ft of meeting space.
- Home to one of the largest ballrooms in Muscat. Maximum capacity of 1250 delegates.
- 250 newly renovated suites and guest rooms.